C&W Panama is the second largest socially responsible company of the country
21 December, 2015
• The study was performed using a sample of 1,400 people. • Some initiatives are highlighted, such as the contribution to the general community development.
Cable & Wireless Panama is recognized as the second largest socially responsible company in the country according to the results of the 2nd Ranking on the most responsible companies carried out by the consultant Dichter & Neira in Central America.
This study, which concerns the position of companies regarding sustainability awareness, provides an overview on market trends “or, at least, how consumers understand them,” indicates Dichter & Neira.
In Panama, this study places the Central Bank, Cable & Wireless Panama, Almacenes El Campeón, Cable Onda, El Machetazo, the Panama Canal, TVN, the Government, Mc Donald´s, and Grupo Rey in the top ten.
- Some of the interests the public has emphasized are: the support for low income people, campaigns that protect the environment, the contribution to the general community development, and the investment in sports and cultural activities for children.
According to Agustín de la Guardia, Executive President and General Manager of Cable & Wireless Panama, “This is the result of applying our ‘Connecting Communities, Transforming Lives’ mission every day and of the joint work of all collaborators throughout the country.”
The study was performed within the universe of consumers between 18 and 69 years of age who belong to a C+ and C socio-economic level. A sample was taken of 1,400 people (sampling error of ± 2.6%) from the capitals of seven Central American countries.
- Also in Press Releases
- C&W’s Garry Sinclair Showcased Innovative Flow Lend App at the CTU’s ICT Symposium
Cable and Wireless President, Caribbean, Garry Sinclair addresses delegates at… Read on
- Flow airs Library of Caribbean Focused Content
Caribbean viewers to access ‘CaribbeanTales’ on demand Read on
- Jamaican Shamique Simms Is the New Caribbean’s Next Top Model
Shamique Simms, Winner of Caribbean’s Next Top Model 2017 Shamique Simms… Read on
- Flow’s Ultimate Football Experience Attracts Top Manchester United Star
Quinton Fortune, Coach and Former Player to Make Appearance … Read on